Sunday, March 18, 2012

Firsts

Spring Break 2012 gave me the break I really needed. We spent the first two days in New Orleans & the rest of the time in Florida. I experienced a lot of "firsts" I never thought I would.


-Overly packing (nothing new) but this time with diabetes supplies
-Deciding the best way to keep my extra insulin cool
-Giving myself insulin shots in a moving car
-Walking Bourbon Street
-Trying hand grenades
-Hurricanes from Pat O'Briens
-Throwing beads from the balcony (or really.. pelting people)
-Jackson Square
-Trying shrimp, salmon and Mahi Mahi
-EXPERIENCING HARRY POTTER WORLD
-Trying Butterbeer
-Having my worst low yet
-The Ron John Surf Shop experience
-Only have 2 high BG's all week
-Giving insulin right on the beach
-Cocoa Beach
- A low on the beach
-16 hour car ride
-realizing I froze my extra insulin on the very.last.day.


Spring Break was a real eye opener. I am realizing everyday that although diabetes is a serious pain, it is not going to s l o w me down.











No comments: