Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pinterest

It is pretty safe to say I am addicted to pinterest. When it first became popular, it sounded a lot like stumble upon. I already was "stumbling" so I didn't really care to "pin" away. I am so glad I did. I made 2 dinners this week from pinterest, and I COMPLETELY recommend them.

The first was this amazing beef & broccoli recipe:

Click here for the recipe

It was so easy and delicious! I absolutely love Chinese food but have been staying away from it. The sauce in Chinese food can have a ton of carbs, which I don't know how to bolus for yet. (basically I don't know how much extra insulin I should give myself.) I used a beef stir fry meat, but am wanting to try it with chicken too. I ate it over brown rice, but you could even add some noodles! Endless possibilities.. 

The second was Cafe Rio shredded chicken:

                                                              click here for the recipe

This was even easier than the beef and broccoli because it's made in the crock pot. I just put all the ingredients together, turned on my favorite cooking appliance to low, went to work and it was ready by the time I was home! It was so tender I couldn't even pick it up with a fork! It made quite a bit for one person. I love having it precooked because I can make so many things with it. So far I have put it on top of salads, chicken wraps and tacos. Another recipe with endless possibilities.

My next pinterest experiment was the sock bun. Can I just say I wish I was this clever? The first time I saw it I thought it was so neat, but figured I would never try it. I saw it repinned by someone and gave it a second chance. I always put my hair in a bun to curl it over night, but sometimes leave it up if i'm running late. The sock bun looks way better than my messy buns. Y'all, i'm in love with this hair style. Anything than can take less than a minute to do, I am all for. Not to mention it's incredibly easy. Do it. You'll love it. Leave it in overnight if you want a good curl.


Like I said before, I am completely addicted. I love seeing so many great ideas and ACTUALLY trying them. I am finding a lot of recipes I can eat, which also get's me excited. I am really getting into cooking, and love trying new things!  My next two challenges are these bad boys:




Thin Mint Low Carb Cookies: Click Here

Stay tuned to find out if there any good. I have a feeling the cookies might be to good to be true. What's YOUR favorite thing you have pinned?

No comments: