Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Today was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

Seriously.

After finding out Nala was tested for STRONG positive heartworms, and then finding the estimate at close to a 1000, I had to make a decision. A hard decision. I decided that I was not financial able to support this dog as much as I wanted to be able too. I can give her all the love in my heart, but it wouldn't help relieve her pain. Diabetes is expensive enough, and as much as I wish I could, I really just couldn't.

I cannot believe I have been crying so hard over a dog I owned for 5 days. I loved her and really hope she gets the treatment she needs. I am angry at her previous owners for not putting her on proper medication. I'm angry at the shelter for not checking. I am angry at myself for not knowing what should be done before I adopt a dog.

"At least you learned what to do for next time!" cool. except I really didn't want a next time.

And of course through all of this anxiety and tears, my blood sugars have been sucky and stupid. I can't think right when I see numbers slowly decreasing on the screen. Lower and lower and lower. Until I'm so shaky I don't know what I am really upset about.

Today was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

Seriously.




No comments: