Saturday, May 12, 2012

Exciting things are coming..

I RECEIVED A JOB OFFER!

I will be working for Reynolds & Reynolds as a Human Resource Coordinator and couldn't be more excited!! I've been having a love/hate relationship with education and was truly dreading starting the application process of teaching all over again. For whatever reason, I just didn't want to do it. This past year of subbing made me realllllllllllllly take a hard look at teaching. The more I thought about it (and the more time went on without interview) I decided I wanted to look for something different.

The good things about teaching is that I can always go back if it's something I want to do in the future. But as of right now, I am perfectly find not stepping into any classroom. This year has show a million difficulties and has made me step back and really questions what I want to do with my life. You know, when everything is falling apart.... and you have to ask, IS THIS WORTH IT?? I have always wanted to teach (or so I thought) and never really deviated from my 5 year old dream job. Even in college, after taking my favorite class --Linguistics-- I seriously thought about changing my major. It scared me to do something completely different then what I went in wanting to do. So i didn't. And now, I really wish I had. I was terrified of change and always had to have a plan. If I learned anything this year, It's to throw caution to the wind. I am not in charge of anything, and know matter how much I plan... It doesn't seem to work out.

So, a new career. Goodbye to 11 hours work days and helllllloooooooooo to benefits.

And I am still toying with the idea of getting my masters in speech pathology. I missed the deadlines this year to apply, but it's something I know I would really enjoy. chchchchchangesssss

P.S. As you know, Nala was given back to the pound. I was completely devastated and depressed. Because my fiance is awesome, we went and adopted a new puppy. Shes a chocolate lab/pitbull mix. He thought the only way to cheer me up would be to get something I could love more. We didn't know she was pitbull when we got her--but she's a big cuddlebug! I still miss that little Nala, but Lola is hard not to love.





My little Lola! Ridiculously hyper, but the smartest, cuddliest little monster you'll ever meet.

No comments: